Our specially-trained servers will sell wine and beer at our performances.
As with other jobs at the theatre, it is a volunteer position (and servers cannot accept tips.)
Ideally, servers work at least once per show during our 9-show season (September-July).
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- arrive an hour before curtain time; put on your name badge
- prepare area by checking inventory, money, etc.
- before the show and during intermission, sell beer and small bottles of wine (instead of pouring), making change with cash sales (no credit cards)
- reconcile accounts, restock, clean area, return name badge, and lock up
- be at least 21 years of age
- complete an online certification course (no cost to you)
- attend a short training session at the theatre prior to working
- enjoy working with people
- able to work and make change quickly
- willing to card possible underage patrons
- have an email address
- no heavy lifting required
- able to stand with frequent bending for more than 30 minutes
- fluent in English
PERKS OF THE JOB:
- server can attend the performance
- parking is free/reimbursed
- you choose the shows you want to work by signing up online
- and, with your certificate, you’ll be able to work as a server (not a bartender) elsewhere in Minneapolis
The theatre has established a policy to protect volunteers from unlawful harassment, discrimination, and retaliation. Volunteers will be asked to review and acknowledge this policy at their training session.
If you are interested, CLICK HERE to sign up.
If you have questions, please call Steve Antenucci, Executive Director, at 612-333-2919 ext. 102 or email Admin@TheatreintheRound.org