Our specially-trained servers will sell wine and beer at our performances.
As with other jobs at the theatre, it is a volunteer position (and servers cannot accept tips.)
Ideally, servers work at least once per show during our 9-show season (September-July).
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- arrive an hour before curtain time; put on your name badge
- prepare area by checking inventory, money, etc.
- before the show and during intermission, sell beer and small bottles of wine (instead of pouring), making change with cash sales (no credit cards)
- reconcile accounts, restock, clean area, return name badge, and lock up
- be at least 21 years of age
- complete an online certification course (no cost to you)
- attend a short training session at the theatre prior to working
- enjoy working with people
- able to work and make change quickly
- willing to card possible underage patrons
- have an email address
- no heavy lifting required
- able to stand with frequent bending for more than 30 minutes
- fluent in English
PERKS OF THE JOB:
- server can attend the performance
- parking is free/reimbursed
- you choose the shows you want to work by signing up online
- and, with your certificate, you’ll be able to work as a server (not a bartender) elsewhere in Minneapolis
If you are interested, CLICK HERE to sign up.
If you have questions, please call Steve Antenucci, Executive Director, at 612-333-2919 ext. 102 or email Admin@TheatreintheRound.org